LEED Green Associates must earn 15 hours (3 of which are LEED-specific) every two years, and LEED APs must earn 24 general hours, plus 6 LEED-specific hours for each specialty (i.e. a total of 30 hours for one specialty, 36 hours for two specialties, etc.).
You must report these activities to GBCI during your two year “reporting period”, which begins right after you pass the exam (or the day after the end of your last reporting period). Then, you must renew your credential (and pay a $50 renewal fee) by the end of that period.
How to Report Your LEED CE Hours
1) Go to gbci.org and log into "My Credentials" (which is in the top right corner). Note: On the “My Credentials” page, you will see your reporting period, which shows your deadline for completing your continuing education hours.
2) Under "Credential Maintenance Program", click "Report CMP Activity".
3) Enter the following information:
- Activity Date: When did you complete the activity?CE Hours: How many continuing education hours is the activity eligible for?
- Activity Content Type: Was the activity general or LEED-specific?
- Activity Title: Give a brief description of the activity.
- Delivery Method: Choose from Education, Authorship, LEED Project Participation or Committee and Volunteer Work.
- Comments (optional): Add any comments that will help GBCI determine if these hours counted toward your credential maintenance.
5) Click “Review CMP Activity” to see how many hours you have completed and how many more are required.